Monday, July 20, 2009

The United States Postal Service: No Longer a One Trick Pony Express

I feel that the USPS (to keep indie rockers from getting confused and thinking this is a review of The Postal Service) has always gotten one type of review and that is god awful. Well I am here to dispel that nasty rumor. Along the way I will include every song of The Postal Service's album Give Up so please use the links. They are there for a reason.

So today I was sleeping in and quite honestly there is nothing better to do on a Monday. I then decided that I should not let the day slip on by, so I made a list of errands to run. The first was to replace my PSU (power supply) for one of my PC's. This required me to head down to the local post office. There was one lady working and it was slow enough that she probably could sleep alone in the district office tonight. I asked here how her day was going and she replied "Just fine." It is obvious that she did not feel that this place is a prison.

Originally I had my own box and everything, but the lady told me if I used their flat rate box it would ship cheaper and quicker than shipping with my boring brown box. So I traded out for a spiffy Priority mail box and got to use their boxing tape as well. Saved me about 7 bucks. I was sending the PSU back to South San Fran which I hope succeeds from the Union and forms their own brand new colony. I wouldn't want to live in a place that doesn't offer equal rights and not be able to get married. I am sorry your freedom was over turned. I think your national anthem should be Gay and cooler than thou, love thy neighbor and don't throw the first rock, biatch!!!

Oh and did I mention that the lady was nice enough to give me some left over bubble wrap to pack my PSU in since the box was way bigger than my original. Nothing like using some recycled air, and for free to boot. Free packaging and box tape, that is what America is about, that should be our national anthem. There was no line, which is awesome as I hate waiting in lines at the post office. Sometimes those are longer than lines were to get Clark Gable's autograph.


Over all it was the most pleasant experience I have ever had at the post office. If the USPS continues to reach for such great heights, I feel they will shake the stereotype of pissed off gun-toting federal employees that has haunted them.

I give the United States Postal Service 4 Eiffel towers (It was still going to the post office and that is time that could be spent elsewhere)

P.S. I didn't include We Will Become Silhouettes, so sue me.


No comments: