Friday, June 4, 2010

Oh Snap! We are back: 1st Up Tony's Bar

So it has been awhile, have you all missed us? Who am I kidding, no one looks at this blog except us. Well it is summer time and we are free to post some more random critiques of goodness. My first post has to do with where I spent my first night back in the old home town: Tony's Bar. Now for those of you that know me or those that don't I would rather get shanked than go out to Tony's on any given night. The sad thing is there is a good possibility that I could kill two birds with one stone at this bar. The place is usually crowded with a narrow bottleneck that f's everything up, it also is home to at least 27 different strains of herpes ( National Geographic believes there could possibly be up to 130 more yet unidentified). Most of the guys are as Fiddy Sent said "Wangsters" and the girls look like they came straight from the Hunt Club (no offense Guillaume ). Shoot we should have a disease off between Tony's and the Hunt Club.



Well with that being said (insert Larry David here), most of you would guess that this is a scathing review that will award Tony's just one of Paris' landmarks, however I have seen the light and it is shining down on Tony's rooftop patio.

When Pierre Louvre asked to go out Thursday I figured we would hit the usual BARmuda triangle, but when he haymakered me with a "Tony's" I never saw coming, I was hesitant at best. "Oh dude they have a patio now." Great I bet murder capital of the world Juarez, Mexico has ton's of patios, it doesn't mean I am heading down there anytime soon.

We showed up and low and behold I could walk freely through the bar, which was an unexpected surprise. When we arrived up top we found ourselves in a rather nice looking open patio with an Island type bar in the center. The music was playing but not too loud so I could actually hear myself say "Damn Tony's cleans up nicely!" The patio had a more dressy feel to it although very much casual (shorts and t's allowed) the ladies though were looking good and the drinks were cheap as usual. Since it is outside the evening breeze cools off the crowded area and keeps all the dudes in wifebeaters from getting pit stains on their brand new shirt. The clincher: The bathrooms were unbelievably clean and nice. Compared to the downstairs ones which you were scared to piss in let alone take a girl into. The upstairs are fair game.

Tony's has gotten some body work done and it looks good. Kinda Heidi Motangue like, Oh and if I didn't spell her name right thats cause I could give two shits about her or what ever her problems are.









Tony's Before Patio












Tony's After Patio



















Overall I give Tony's Patio four Eiffels and Tony's downstairs two Eiffels (big step up)

1 comment:

Monsieur Pierre Louvre said...

Anthony's (also to referred to many as Tony's) has definitely gone through a lot of changes this past year, described very well by my dear French friend Monsieur Pepe Le Peu. One of the most notable upgrades to me personally is that it no longer smells like my dear French friend's pet skunk, Pepe Le Peu. Before the remodel, if you were to put Tony's and Le Peu in a worse smelling contest I think most would go with the latter. Imagine Pepe Le Peu covered in the most rancid puke and stanky piss and "Ta Da" there you have folks; Tony's Bar and Urinal. Yes, the faint stale smell of urine is what most think of when Tony's comes to mind. The one and only Tony himself only got away with this for so long by having his bartenders push the flaming cinammon shots on customers every 20 minutes. However, there is not enough cinammon in the world that could contain the putrid smell of urination from even Fort Collins' finest citizens. Long story short, new tile and a new rule: all peeing, pooing, and puking to be done in the bathrooms. Wow, what a difference a couple little changes can do to one bar. So, gone are the days of Tony's. It is 2010 and I will be enjoying my nights downtown, pee-free, in the ever classy, Anthony's.